Ethical Details: Tee – c/o Hands Producing Hope; Necklace – c/o Hands Producing Hope (previous collab); Boots – Oliberte
Hands Producing Hope is the brand behind one of my most worn necklaces, the Shalom Necklace, which I featured here a few months ago. They’re expanding their resource and employment program to Nkombo Island in Rwanda and are in the midst of an Indiegogo campaign. They’re seeking $20,000 to:
- employ staff on the ground to personally oversee the program’s development
- offer consistent training to a group of women who will be our newest artisans
- provide an allowance that will allow the women to attend training classes with their children instead of working in the fields
- host a variety of life skills workshops to help equip these women
- set aside for scholarships for the women and their children to attend school
- purchase start-up supplies & place an initial order!
The nice thing about Indiegogo is that, unlike Kickstarter, the recipient gets to keep anything they receive even if they don’t meet their end goal, which means any amount can make a difference. Plus, there’s a tiered rewards system and you can unlock this “And so the adventure begins” tee at $50. I put my money where my mouth is and donated $25.00 toward the cause even though Hands Producing Hope let me review this tee ahead of time.