I confess I got a little ahead of myself this season and stocked up on tons of sandals even though it snowed only last week. For that reason, I decided to go ahead and split up my Capsule posts into spring and summer. The clothes will (mostly) stay the same, but the shoes will change with warmer weather.
As always, I have to add the disclaimer that I’m not a *true* capsule wardrobe person. I believe in flexible dressing – removing and adding things as needed – but I have started moving off-season items and other things I’ve grown bored with out of sight in order to curb my need for novelty. You can read more about that here.
This season, I’ve stayed very true to my style inspiration and color palette, and I’m looking forward to wearing old and new things that feel fresh and match the flowering trees and lime-colored spring leaves. I’ve also developed a pretty clear cut set of formulas, similar to last season: plain tee + skirt, striped tee + jeans, or vintage dress.
The graphic above represents a mix of exact wardrobe items and references to thrifted and older items I’ve picked up over time.
My Mostly Ethical, Always Thoughtful Spring Capsule
Items with an asterisk (*) next to them were purchased this season. Other items were purchased in previous seasons. Contains affiliate links.
- MATTER Prints Cross-back Top (see styled shots here)*
- Thrifted Vintage Tee from swap.com (Similar: People Tree Love Tee in Navy)
- Fair Indigo Scoop Neck Tee*
- Everlane Cotton Crew in Pale Sage and Black*
- Not shown… Thrifted Rib Knit Striped Tees
- Miscellaneous thrifted and Everlane tees
- EcoVibe Bell Sleeve Top (see it styled here)
Pants & Skirts:
- Bead & Reel High Waisted Trousers
- Thrifted Cotton Culottes (Similar: Everlane Wide Leg Pants)
- People Tree Thandie Marigold Skirt (see styled shots here)*
- Past season People Tree Gray Cotton Skirt + Elizabeth Suzann Clyde Skirt in Cream (Similar: People Tree Shanna Skirt)
- Thrifted Denim Cutoff Jeans from ebay.com (Similar: Everlane Kick Crop Jean)
- Conventional Cropped Skinny Jeans
- 2 Thrifted 90s Grunge Dresses (Similar: Reformation Amsterdam Dress)
- Conrado Dress + Vintage Gingham Skirt (Similar: Conrado Danielle Shirt Dress)
- Not shown… Thrifted Drop Waist Dress
- Soul Flower Tunic (see it styled here)
- Vintage Pinafore from Smockwalker Vintage (see styled shots here)
- Encircled Chrysalis Cardigan (see it styled here)
- Not shown… 2 Symbology Kimono Jackets
- Liz Alig Cardigan (see styled shots here)
- Thrifted Army Jacket
- Thrifted Suede Jacket*