Sustainable Fashion Reading and Resources
The world of sustainable and ethical fashion research is fast-paced and changes rapidly, so it’s a good idea to bookmark your favorite news sites to keep up.
If you’re looking for long form content, the below books and films go in depth on all things ethical fashion and the global supply chain. I’ve included a mix of genres, including nonfiction, fiction, memoir, history, and documentary.
Check out my Industry Talk section for more.
Ethics of Fashion & Global Supply Chain
- A Harvest of Thorns
- Slow Fashion: Aesthetics Meets Ethics
- To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?
- Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion
- Wear No Evil: How to Change the World with Your Wardrobe
- A Consumers’ Republic: The Politics of Mass Consumption in Postwar America
- Fugitive Denim: A Moving Story of People and Pants in the Borderless World of Global Trade
- Flight Behavior
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate
- All We Can Save
- The Story of More: How We Got to Climate Change and Where to Go From Here
People, Economics, Spirituality
- Selling Spirituality: The Silent Takeover of Religion
- A Life Less Throwaway: The Lost Art of Buying for Life
- A Terrible Thing to Waste: Environmental Racism and its Assault on the American Mind
- 101 Ways to Go Zero Waste
- Braiding Sweetgrass
- Christianity and the New Spirit of Capitalism