Your privacy is important to me. Some links and sponsored content may store limited personal data, including your ip address, approximate location, and gender. I use WordPress and Google Analytics to track basic user information and Mediavine to serve ads.
Stored information helps me gauge my audience and plan relevant content. Collected data may also be used to serve targeted advertising and to help me improve my site. Data is stored by analytics and ad-serving software.
Data is tracked through cookies. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do I use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, StyleWise uses:
- Functionality – StyleWise uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – StyleWise uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. StyleWise sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here
How to Manage Cookies
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Under new GDPR guidelines, EU readers have:
- The right to be informed – all organisations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
- The right of access – individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification – individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing – an individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability – this allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The right to object – in certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes, if a company uses personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling – the GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them, or is based on automated processing. (Source: Vivid Fish)
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
All content belongs to Leah Wise unless otherwise noted. If you wish to quote from this blog, please attribute it to Leah Wise and stylewise-blog.com, and link back to the original post. If you wish to use photos or syndicate an entire post from this blog, please contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org permission first.
Affiliate Linking Policy
I occasionally post affiliate links, both within posts and in the sidebar. Clicking on the link and making a purchase will generate commission for me. Affiliate links are notated with a disclaimer within the post. I currently use RewardStyle, Shareasale, and Skimlinks for affiliate sales.
A portion of proceeds generated from this blog are donated to the ACLU, the NAACP, and the Xerces Society.