|The Package Free Shop in New York, taken on my July visit|
Hey! Remember when I asked you all to take my annual Reader Survey?
Sorry for never updating you on the results of that. Know that I’ve been referring to your short answers regularly as I plan posts. I’ll get into the details of that further down.
Reader Survey Results
Unsurprisingly, your favorite post categories are Personal Style, Essays, and Resources.
Those happen to be my favorite categories, too, though maybe not in that order. I hope to use this info to format my Collaboration structure going into next year. While you all like Brand Spotlights (45.6%), they’re not quite the hit that Resource Lists are, so I’m going to try to find creative ways to work with companies through formats that offer greater value for you.
To my utter delight, most of you prefer to communicate with me directly through my blog rather than on social media platforms.
I’ve been feeling meh about Instagram for awhile now, so it’s helpful to know that it’s not as important as it seems. I’m going to continue to prioritize this space over Instagram, as I think it’s more conducive to longer conversations and maintaining good mental and emotional health (for me, anyway).
Other Fun Facts:
- Most of you are not interested in financial reports.
- 67% of readers who responded found me through other bloggers or blog networks. That’s the power of networking and #collaborationovercompetition.
- 43% of you have been reading StyleWise for less than 6 months!
- 60% of respondents expect to spend $51-100 on an article of ethical clothing.
- 68% expect to spend $26-100 for new, ethical jewelry.
- About 1/3 of respondents expect to spend $101-150 on new, ethical shoes, with 50% of others falling into the categories directly above and below that range.
Notable Short Answers:
(I’ve added links to posts I published in response to your suggestions and bolded other things that are done)
- This is just personal preference but it might be worth putting read mores into your posts as that would make it easier to scroll back through your blog 🙂 (Done)
- Features on etsy shops would be great as sometimes the sheer number of choices is overwhelming. (See a post here)
- Your opinions about women’s issues. | Feminism! (See a post here)
- I like the posts where you bring your Christianity in conversation with these sustainable and fair trade issues. I think those posts are what keep me here. What differentiates you from other bloggers, to me, is that your posts feel like they are searching and working through large questions. I admire that greatly. (See a post here)
- Ethical materials/textiles, ethical give and take (I love when you talk about trying to be balanced, since there are many ‘ethical’ issues to consider, and not all brands check all the boxes) (See a post on textiles here. See a post on trying to be balanced here.)
- More essays in general. Your strength is in your writing and I enjoy your longer essays on ethical living the most. (Thank you!)
- How clothes maintain/wear over time, revisiting past purchases to review how you’re liking them. | year-later follow ups on how you like that clothes you’ve featured (Coming soon)
- My favorite post was the one on MLMs. I wish I were more eloquent to explain why. Maybe because it was an article that worded my existing opinion, so I just nodded to myself, agreeing with you as I read on.
- Plus-size fair-trade fashion! (See a post here. I’m trying to offer more resources, but it can be hard to find plus size, ethical fashion! I am now listing size ranges on Shopping Guides, though)
- Fashion for 50+ women
Phew! That was more thorough than intended. Thanks for continuing to read.
My main blog goals for 2018 are:
This year, I made $6,436 after expenses, so I donated $250 each to the ACLU and The Xerces Society, as promised.